These rules are set in place to keep order within the campaign and to maintain an enjoyable gaming environment. These rules must be followed as they are strictly enforced. Failure to comply will result in removal from the campaign.
Below are the basic rules and guidelines you should follow as a player, as well as what you can expect from the DM:
Your duty as a player is to just have fun. We highly encourage roleplay but it’s not 100% required.
• Make as many games as possible – let the DM know if you can’t make a game.
• Have a working webcam and headset to use for video/voice as our games are usually live-streamed on our Twitch.tv channel.
• Download Fantasy Grounds – a Virtual Tabletop environment, as we use this exclusively for game play. We do not use Roll20.
Note: FG normally requires a subscription to play, but the DM has an Ultimate License, therefore you will not have to pay anything.
• Arrive a little before the game starts to make sure you can get into the server, and your headset/webcam is working.
While you aren’t required to be a rules guru and memorize the PHB and DMG, we do request that you read up on the rules and mechanics of 5th edition Dungeons and Dragons to familiarize yourself. This is to keep questions to the DM about rules to a minimum. If you don’t know a rule or mechanic, just ask though – that’s the point of a DM. Usually there are other experienced players along side you – use your peers.
If you are new to D&D 5th edition, check out the Basic Rules and familiarize yourself with the rules of the game.
Please roleplay your character as they are written on their character sheet. If you are a lawful good character, you wouldn’t necessarily go around slaughtering the townsfolk…
• Absolutely ZERO metagaming/powergaming will be tolerated! This is a quick way to be removed from the campaign, as well as any future game groups.
• Refrain from watching the stream while playing the game – the stream may contain spoilers and also causes a distraction.
• You may watch the stream highlights after the game or in between games, but be warned, there may be spoilers as the maps and such contain them. Watch at your own risk!
- This list of rules is subject to change, and it is YOUR duty to keep on on them.